INSERT INTO ats_meta (user_id,location, alumni, staff, student, faculty)
VALUES (:user_id, :location, :alumni, :staff, :student, :faculty)
SQLSTATE: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry '0' for key 'PRIMARY'
Website Faith Christian Community
"Champions of Hope"
Associate Pastor Families Job Description
The Associate Pastor Families is a full-time role responsible for providing spiritual guidance and support to the church, its members, staff, and the community at large. This position will assist in developing and executing the church’s mission and vision, as well as managing the day-to-day operations of the church.
The Associate Pastor will also provide assistance with preaching, teaching, and other duties as needed.
At Faith Christian Community, we believe a healthy family ministry is one the bedrocks of a church making a difference in its community.
We’ve seen this ministry grow and bear fruit over the last couple of years in particular and we’re hoping to see it continue taking the necessary steps for our children and young people and parents to grow in their relationship with Jesus.
Your position is a leadership role that requires you to serve as a shepherd to the people who serve in this ministry.
You will provide leadership to a team of volunteers and potentially staff in an environment of love, care and encouragement.
Be a reflection and love like Jesus.
1. Coordinate and oversee activities and events for teens, children, and families that promote fun, fellowship, spiritual development and ministry involvement drawing all closer to Jesus.
2. Leading, overseeing, and communicating vision to Family Ministry leaders, volunteers and parents in alignment with Faith Christian Community mission, Empowering Champions of Hope.
3. Facilitate all ministries within the preschool, kids and student ministry, including weekend and midweek groups, programs, and special events.
4. Ensure the proper implementation of preschool, kids and student ministry curriculum, policies and procedures.
5. Assist in the planning and execution of events like Family Fun Days, Faith Movie Events, Good Friday, Easter, Christmas, group events, within Family Ministry umbrella and at times collaborating within the other ministries at Faith Christian Community.
6. Direct the implementation of milestones/next steps for families and children.
7. Capture and communicate stories of life change to the staff and the church.
8. Equip and invest in group leaders and volunteers.
9. Develop and mobilize students to lead and serve within Family Ministry and the church.
10. Work with ministry teams to ensure participation in the Sunday experience for families as well as coordinate children’s events to align with church events.
11. Coordinating on-site meetings and events for family ministry, including children, students, youth, and families.
12. Serve on the Faith staff team and participate in all meetings and church wide events.
13. Serving and assisting in classrooms when needed.
14. Ensure volunteers are teaching God’s word in a way that is both relevant to the age and culture and produces lasting life change.
15. Develop talents/gifts of students and offer plenty of opportunities for them to engage or lead in ministry.
16. Motivate youth and children in doing evangelism both through lifestyle and through planned outreach.
17. Participate and/or lead mission trips within the United States as well as to other nations.
18. Oversee youth and children meetings, including large group and small group meetings led by volunteers serving within family ministry.
19. Organize and involve children and youth in special events for study and growth, such as youth camps, retreats, recreation, outreaches, etc.
20. Set up youth outreach opportunities within the city.
21. Communicate and promote activities (dates, times, etc.) to families, members, and community.
22. Establish healthy relationships with local schools.
23. Organize and provide equipment needed for effective ministry to children, students, youth and families.
24. Work with parents of children and youth.
25. Encourage communication between parents, children, and children’s ministry leaders.
Requirements and Qualifications
· A strong personal commitment to Jesus and unquestioned belief in the Bible.
· Bachelor’s degree in theology, ministry, or related field
· Course study related to the Holiness tradition preferred
· Master’s from qualified Seminary a plus.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong organizational and administrative skills
· Able to work independently and as part of a team
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
· Must pass a background check and have references from previous professors or churches.
Partner with the executive leadership team in the continued development of spiritual formation opportunities, experiences, and trainings.
Our ministry workweek is Sunday through Thursday with Friday and Saturday off, excluding special events and services. Multiple evenings a week will be necessary on a seasonal basis. Attend and serve at all worship and special services, including whole-church events, outreach events, etc.
Who We Are
Faith Christian Community, an elder led ministry is making a lasting difference in Alaska and around the world by leading people to become fully devoted followers of Christ, loving extravagantly, witnessing boldly, and worshiping passionately. Faith Christian Community is a non-denominational ministry that embraces the holiness tradition of John Wesley.
Throughout the New Testament, principles of church leadership point to a central theme – plurality. As modeled by scripture, Faith Christian Community is led by a plurality of leaders, known as elders that are comprised of members selected from the church body and up to three staff elders, called pastors. These pastors make up the executive leadership team (XLT).
Faith Christian Community elders provide spiritual oversight, vision, direction, and leadership of the church and its mission, entrusting the implementation of that mission to staff leadership.
Staff leadership is accountable for following the elders’ vision and direction, and executing the ministry mission of Jesus Christ.
This system of organizational leadership, known as Polity Governance, allows the elders to focus on their biblical mandate to lead and shepherd the church, while allowing staff leadership the opportunity to maximize the use of their gifts and talents as they lead their respective ministries in accordance with the vision and mission provided by the elders.
Compensation will be commensurate with education and experience.
Visit our website at faithak.com
Email resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org