The Business and Development Manager is a full-time, salaried position. Responsibilities fall into the categories of business and office management, fundraising and donor management, and marketing.
Essential Job Functions
Business and Office Management
- Oversee office management and bookkeeping activities.
- Generate financial reports for the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Assist with special projects managed by the Associate Executive Director of Development.
- Ensure office technology is up to date and running smoothly.
- Direct and arrange the organization of Google Drive and office files.
- Schedule assistance for retreats, trainings, and celebrations.
- Post open job opportunities and handle candidate communication and scheduling.
Fundraising and Donor Management
- Manage all aspects of the DonorPerfect donor database.
- Process gifts and execute thank you plans.
- Create and manage donor reports for the use of the Associate Executive Director of Development in fundraising plans.
- Assist the Associate Executive Director of Development with annual fundraising efforts, including the Walk for Common Good, Fundraising Breakfast, and online GoodGiving Challenge.
- Oversee social media content creation (writing and creating graphics).
- Be responsible for our mass email system, Constant Contact, which includes email design and list maintenance.
- Create and implement email, social media, and printed communication plans.
- Upkeep of marketing materials such as flyers, brochures, and other needed documents for the organization.
- Manage website updates through our web platform, Webflow.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following qualities:
- High moral character and strong Christian faith
- An awareness and understanding of the principles of Christian Community Development
- Exceptional organizational skills to execute the vision of the organization
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Google Suite and donor management systems
- Able to work independently
- Detail-oriented: would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger
- Effectively multi-task under deadlines, ask questions as necessary
- Ability to be flexible and work evening or weekend hours, on occasion
A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Cover Letter that addresses the following questions:
- Describe your experience in fundraising, operations, and nonprofit management.
- Please include any relevant experience with content creation (writing and designing graphics for social media).
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What aspects of your career do you believe make you a good candidate for the position of Business and Development Manager?
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the neighborhood and organization.
Interested individuals can submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, February 28, 2024.