INSERT INTO ats_meta (user_id,location, alumni, staff, student, faculty)
VALUES (:user_id, :location, :alumni, :staff, :student, :faculty)
SQLSTATE: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry '0' for key 'PRIMARY'
Website Christ Church Birmingham
Christ Church Birmingham
Job Title: Media and Communications Minister
Reports to: Lead Pastor
The communications minister position is considered a ministerial role and is expected to perform functions that exercise and express the religious character and mission of Christ Church Birmingham. As part of this role, the communication minister will be required to adhere to Christ Church Birmingham’s statement of faith in lifestyle and conduct and will be expected to regularly engage in activities in which the employee’s belief in and adherence to Christ Church Birmingham’s statement of faith are an integral part.
The Communications Minister will create, organize, plan, and implement effective communications messages and strategies; support church and ministry leaders in conveying their vision and communications priorities to appropriate audiences.
Communications Minister’s Responsibilities
● Work with church and ministry leaders to define, develop, and effectively communicate messages to church-wide and specific audiences
● Manage the Christ Church brand to ensure consistency, presence, and quality
● Cultivate, lead, and manage a team of volunteers as needed
● Work with Christ Church leadership and members to effectively communicate the goals and mission of Christ Church Birmingham
● Oversee creation of all original Christ Church sermon series media content and ministry branding
● Strategize and organize communications on all platforms in order to best serve ministry needs
● Provide communications resources for all campaign and special events as needed
● Develop ways to creatively communicate our church “stories” through all media
● Write, adapt, and/or edit communications messages for use in various media and audiences
● Grow, develop, and instruct a team of presenters for video announcements, live welcome, and special events (as needed)
● Create graphics as necessary (e.g., events, advertisements, sermons series)
● Create videos for use in worship and on social media (e.g., mission stories, testimonies, small group launch resources)
● Create and maintain Christ Church social media strategy
● Create weekly content for social media (e.g., sermon excerpts)
● Manage the operational budget for the Communications Ministry
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
● Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions;
● Works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
● Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
● Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
● Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectively and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
● Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports church’s goals and values.
● Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
● Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Preference will be given to applicants with
· Skill in graphic design and videography
· Knowledge of Final Cut Pro or similar video editing software
· Knowledge of Adobe Suite or similar graphic design software
· Knowledge of Microsoft 365
· Knowledge of social media best practices
Applications should submit the following to email@example.com
· Cover Letter expressing interest in and qualification for the position
· Digital Portfolio
Applicants may be invited to execute a trial graphic design and/or videography project using existing Christ Church media as part of the interview process.
Compensation commensurate with education and experience
To apply for this job please visit christchurchbham.com.